HEALTHY LIFESTYLES START HERE
Congratulations on choosing to make a healthy lifestyle change, and selecting the North Central Florida YMCA to help you on your way! Our staff and members are available to provide you with all of the tools for a lasting lifestyle change: caring facilitators, group support, relationships and healthy activities. By combining all of these elements, we create the supportive environment that we all need when seeking to make lasting changes in our lives.
New Member Orientation:
One of our trained staff will provide a fitness orientation to familiarize you with the machines in the wellness center. Information on basic training principles will be presented, as well as instruction and demonstration of proper technique, form and general use of the strength training and cardio machines. Please schedule an appointment in the Wellness Center. Free to YMCA Members!
Wellness Center Rules:
- Wear fitness apparel for your safety; closed toe, laced athletic footwear is required in the gym at all times!
- Bring your own towel and water bottle.
- No open containers allowed in the gym.
- Please be courteous and allow others to work in during your workouts.
- Use collars, DO NOT DROP and re-rack all free-weights!
- 25 minute limit on all cardiovascular machines.
- For the safety of all, baby strollers/carriers are not allowed in the free-weight section, will not be allowed in the fitness facility during peak hours, and no child may be carried on a treadmill during a workout. Please utilize child watch when possible.
Teen & Youth Policy:
Our Teen & Youth Policy is strictly enforced to ensure the safety of all of our members.
Teens ages 16 and older can workout in the wellness center on all of the equipment at any time; however, we do encourage teens to schedule an orientation to get acquainted with the equipment.